Owner and Data Controller
Bardic Enterprises LLC
PO Box 317844
Cincinnati, OH 45231
Owner contact email: email@example.com
PGP public key: https://www.mythpodcast.com/pgp-key.txt
Types of Data Collected
- IP address
- Location of the user
- Date and time
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Country, region, city
- Main Language of the browser
- User Agent of the browser
- Form interactions
Customers who participate in the Myths and Legends paid membership program provide the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
- IP address
Stripe requires names for billing and we need an e-mail address to contact members. We need IP addresses to control access to protected content and guard against abuse.
How we use your personal data
We use the data to make sure the site is working correctly, to see what content readers prefer in order to build a better site, and to guard against abuse (spamming, DDoS attacks, brute force attacks, etc.)
Recipient(s) of the personal data
The personal data received through this site are sent to:
- Our company: Bardic Enterprises LLC
- Our web hosting provider: DigitalOcean
- Payment processor: Stripe, Inc. (paying members only)
- Payment processor: PayPal (paying members only)
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
Myths and Legends data is hosted in the USA within DigitalOcean, registered to the Privacy Shield program. We will not share or sell user behavior data with any other parties.
Additional member data (first and last name and e-mail address only) is shared solely with Stripe or Paypal for the sole purposes of payment processing. We do not retain credit card or billing address data. That is sent encrypted to Stripe or PayPal.
We will take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data.
We are keeping the anonymized personal data captured on this site for a period of six months, and then it will be deleted.
Member data provided with the explicit consent of users that have signed up for the membership program is stored indefinitely but can be deleted upon request.
As Myths and Legends is processing personal data on legitimate interests, you can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: you can ask us at any time to access your personal data.
- Right to erasure: you can ask us at any time to delete all the personal data we are processing about you.
- Right to object: you can object to the tracking of your personal data by using the following opt-out feature:
If you wish for us to not process any personal data, you can opt-out from it at any time. There will be no consequences at all regarding the use of our website.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you think that the way we process your personal data with is infringing the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement; or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data.
Member data is necessary for the use of the membership and must be retained throughout the course of the chosen plan. If you wish for member data to be deleted after the membership term is complete, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the request.